Wednesday, January 26, 2011

He DID Speak!!! :-)

You know why I love blogging, because of all the other bloggers in the world who are older and much wiser than me, and somehow, I always manage to stumble or rather Google always happens to lead me to the most useful people and those people lead me to other people and so on and so forth. Well, after my downer of a post this morning, I can officially say my faith has been shaken and stirred quite a bit today, first there was what I read in the:

Word Challenge


  • Exodus 2:11-3:22
  • Matthew 17:10-27
  • Psalm 22:1-18
  • Proverbs 5:7-14


Matthew 17:20  "It was because you do not have enough faith," answered Jesus. "I assure you that if you have faith as big as a mustard seed, you can say to this hill, 'Go from here to there!' and it will go. You could do anything!" 

Jesus talks about faith like this, but I think that to an extent it's been a verse so badly used sometimes in the sense that, when bad things happen, the Christians that think "they have it all together" come up to you and say, "maybe you didn't have enough faith" or the people who don't believe in God will come up and say, "where did all your faith take you?"

Jesus talked about faith like this when he knew bad things were about to happen to Him. Which was even prophesied in the Psalm for today, where the crucifixion thing was detailed. He knew it was coming, but He still urged the disciples to have faith. Things won't always work out the way you want them to. You'll never live in a world without fear or pain, but I think what Jesus was saying here is that this isn't our battle to fight. The disciples couldn't just rely on their limited abilities to heal the epileptic man, they had to have faith in a God above them, know with absolute conviction that they were never alone.

Exodus 3:11-12  But Moses said to God, "But I am a nobody. How can I go to the king and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?" God answered, "I will be with you, and when you bring the people out of Egypt, you will worship me on this mountain. That will be the proof that I have sent you." 

It's normal to have moments where you wonder "God, are you for real? Out of the billions of people in this world, why would you to talk to me?" But, I think the point in faith, at least faith in God, and faith in all these little "God-Incidences" is believing that you are never alone. Maybe it's true, God does send these little mini-burning bushes our way to tell us that in our own small way, God has called us for something and to show us, "He will be with us" and that He's always with us.

Speaking of such moments, I found a blog called Muthering Heights where she's doing a bit if a series called, How Big Is Your But which speaks of all the times God can call you to something and we offer up excuses and reasons why we can't do it, or why we wouldn't be the right fit. I thought it was pretty cool and timely for me.

Another great post was from Like a Warm Cup of Coffee where Sarah Mae writes about the power we give guilt in our lives....anyway, I won't spoil it for you, head over and read it, even till the comments because ther's some pretty good stuff down there too. I think I'll write more on that and how it related with my very weird day today in my next post.

Mizizi



To kinda slap me over the head with the truth once and for all, my Mizizi reading today is also about how God speaks to us.
"God speaks to us regularly for encouragement, to build our faith, to teach us, to warn us and to reveal His purpose for our lives so that we can accomplish His purposes"....Mizizi Workbook

The truths that struck me most about the ways God uses to speak to me were;
  • The Bible "It reveals the nature of God, not just what He said and did in the past but also what He has to say to us today"
  • Through His people, like the girls in my Mizizi class. The workbook said "God will often speak to others in a way that confirms what He is already speaking to us through His Word"
  • Through circumstances, though it's a bit tricky because sometimes things just happen, but God will never lead us in a direction contrary to His word. Like today, the circumstance was taking William Pro for a service with my brother-in-law.....details in the next post.
Anyway, it's been a great day and I can't wait to grow more! Stay tuned :-)

Prayer for Today
Lord, thank you for the many ways in which you speak to me. Help me learn to have faith in your voice, listen to it and also teach me to obey it.




No comments:

Post a Comment