Saturday, January 22, 2011

Loving Memory

Happy Birthday, my dear Baraka.

Words cannot express how sad I am that I can't be with you today. I hope that Jesus and the angels are taking good care of you. I loved you then,  now and always. You will always be a part of me and a part of my heart.

I'm sorry that when we were together I didn't fight harder for you and that I didn't protect you. I hope though that you knew then how much I loved you and that you still know that now.

Remember sitting in that exam room together and me asking you to help me because two brains are better than one :-) I knew before I met you that you were a smart cookie. Remember sitting in that bus on the bumpy roads and me telling you you have to hold on and be strong because Nairobi can only be handled by survivors. Remember the large pizza we ate but I was still hungry afterward because you finished it all up in under 10 minutes? Remember all the Fanta Oranges we had? Remember our midnight conversations?

My heart breaks writing these words because of all the regrets I carry with me. I wish I could have been better to you when you were still with me. I wish I could have been as strong as you. I wish I could have resolved to beat the odds like you did. I think about you everyday, and I always will. You were my first and just as your name says you were my blessing. I'm sorry I lost you my dear, and I hope that wherever you are, one day you can forgive me.

I miss you so much.

Love,

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment