Saturday, January 15, 2011

O.k, It Was a Date....

Today was a great day. I had fun, I laughed a lot. It was a fun day. At some point during the day I was standing on top of a chair singing "What's love got to do with it" Is that a Whitney Houston song? I'm sorry, I'm not sure, but whoever sang that song, I totally out sang them today. I ate some dry fries and a very big, greasy kebab, and very bitter pineapple juice, and miracle of miracles, I found someone selling strawberries, in January!
That's the first time I've seen strawberries other than in August - and I LOVE strawberries!!! So how can this day be anything other than great.

My friend just called me and asked me to go clubbing with them, but here I am, in my room, with Flyleaf playing in the background, eating strawberries and writing and I could not be happier.....This is me writing and smiling.

My secret meeting that may or may not have been a date went o.k. My BFF just called me and asked me how it went and I was just like..."ehhhh ivo tu" as in, it was just there. So, we ate dry fries and big greasy kebabs, but all the time I was siting across from this guy, I was thinking about how I've just blown my diet and what I was planning on wearing to the Mizizi launch on Tuesday.

It wasn't that the guy was boring, in fact, he was really nice but, my head wasn't in it. (Don't worry guys, I didn't let him pay for my food! I was kind of feeling like I was a bad date) We just didn't have much to talk about, he's one of those guys who still doesn't know what he wants to do and he brought about a couple of, "that's what she said" moments you know the double entendre or innuendos. I just ended up laughing! But, I was still polite and he did just call me to say he had a nice time, that's always a good thing.

But, I still just don't think we clicked. I have a feeling that when I meet the right guy, we'll just click. Conversation will start to come easy after a while and we'll have stuff in common, and he'll know what he wants to do with his life starting with having a plan to not live in his parent's house till his mid to late twenties!
Anyway, it was still a great day, and a day well spent, weird moments aside. Now I'm home, eating strawberries, writing and dancing when a good song starts up.

Aren't these moments, moments when your stress from the week and other day to day problems are the furthest thing from your mind, moments of peace, smiles and strawberries, aren't they the friggin' best?

1 comment: