Sunday, January 16, 2011

Of Miracle Tyres and Safe Trips

So, thank God, my mom, brother, and I made it back home safe.

I wish I could say the same for William Pro, he was so abused today. My brother kept scratching the underside, some man at the petrol station added water (the source of which I know not, it could have been full of particles) to the radiator instead of coolant! I mean, I bought coolant and it's in the car, but because to the man I'm "just a girl" and to my brother I'm a baby sister, no one listened to what I was saying. So now tomorrow I'm the one stuck taking William to my mechanic to get a check-up and see what we can do about that water thing. I know maybe it's no big deal, but you know a girl's car...everything has to be done by the book and yes I literally have a book where I write down all the car stuff and what was added here and what was changed there. I don't want to be those women stuck by the roadside and when AA comes, I'm like, "ai, sijui shida ni nini" as in "I don't know what the problem is" or not know how to change a fuse or anything like that.

Speaking of being stuck by the roadside, that same mechanic who added water to the radiator, also managed to mess up the battery. He must have loosened a connection or something, and we ended up stalling 5 minutes after we left the station. We called AA, but my brother managed to tighten it before they got there.

I promise you, a miracle happened today. The back left tyre had really low pressure, and it looked low, you know what I mean; and I was worried we wouldn't be able to make it back those hundreds of kilometers before it blew so I was like, "Oh God, I'm sorry for being so angry with my bro's driving please let this tyre be o.k" and I promise you, when I came back to check, the pressure had gone up. Now, many things could explain what happened, but I choose to believe it was my own little miracle :-)

Ihad an awesome day though, I got to spend time with my brother, we got to talk and it was a great day. The views were amazing, rolling hills, and the greenest trees in the country, and almost, but not quite catching a glimpse of Mt. Kenya although I'm probably wrong and that could also have been a hill.

Anyway, more about the road trip later, maybe even some pictures so you see the face of this person whose words you're reading. For now, I'm exhausted and I got school in the morning!


For my beloved Italian visitors,

Bueno notte, dormi bene, sogni d'oro.

Grazie per essere venuti! Si prega di venire di nuovo!! :-) :-) :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment