Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Thorn Bushes and Good Soil

So, the format of these "Today I read" posts is going to be a bit different from here on out because now I'm doing both the Bible study and daily studies for Mizizi. It still just took only 30 minutes!!

Today I read:

Bible Challenge

  • Genesis 39:1-41:16
  • Matthew 12:46-13:23
  • Psalm 17:1-15
  • Proverbs 3:33-35


Matthew 13:22-23  The seeds that fell among thorn bushes stand for those who hear the message; but the worries about this life and the love for riches choke the message, and they don't bear fruit. And the seeds sown in the good soil stand for those who hear the message and understand it: they bear fruit, some as much as one hundred, others sixty, and others thirty." 

I love it because it describes me :-)

I also loved the story of how God was always with Joseph. He knew Joseph hadn't done anything wrong and He elevated him in slavery and even in prison. I also loved Joseph's spirit, I'm amazed for the second time, (first with Esau) how these guys could manage to live their lives without any bitterness in their hearts despite how life and the people in their lives (their own brothers) treated them.

Mizizi




Jeremiah 29:13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your hearts
"A faulty picture of God will lead to either a weak and ineffective Christian life or to rejecting God altogether" Pastor M

I've carried a faulty view of God as a VIP. Far off into the horizon, almost like an MP or Hollywood celebrity, he's there, affecting your life in one way or another, after a lot of hard work and through many other people you can get to talk to him and maybe give him your views and ask for something but you aren't really in a relationship. You aren't really tight and there still things that you try and hide from him.
The danger of this view is that I haven't really been able to talk to Him or experience everything He's got to offer.

Prayer for today;
God,  I hope I get to that point some day, the ability to let it all go and have faith and trust, not let other people's actions or words change me or lead me into destruction, but instead to end up in a place of leadership and success. Please make yourself known to me through my time in the Mizizi course and help me understand who you truly are.



Images from mavuno website

No comments:

Post a Comment