Saturday, January 22, 2011

Sailing Beyond The Feelings...

I've hit a bit of a slump in the Word Challenge, I think it's because now I've got to a place of familiar territory, stories that I've heard all the time in Sunday School and C.R.E classes in High School and also maybe because it's been a weird week and my mood is just all over the place.
I'm praying I get better soon because this is starting to feel more like a routine than a "life-changing 30 minutes" :-) well except for the Mizizi readings which I still have psych for. What is it they say, "feelings change like the weather and they shouldn't be the basis for your decisions" I don't know something like that. So despite how I felt,

Today I read:

Word Challenge


  • Genesis 44:1-45:28
  • Matthew 14:13-36
  • Psalm 18:37-50
  • Proverbs 4:11-13
Mizizi
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

"God has given us a wonderful gift. It's the promise not just of a clean slate, but of a full life. A significant life. A life that really matters. Living for what you were created for. Everything else pales next to this gift. As Jesus said in John 10:10, 'I have come that you may have life and have it to the full.' "

Prayer For Today
Dear God, thank you for the solution to the problem of my sin and for your gift of salvation and eternal life. You also know especially what this day means for me, and I pray that you give me faith and strength.

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment