Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Nairobi Weather and Fab Boots

Like I mentioned it rained yesterday for the first time in months. I had a class at 9 a.m and I woke up to rain and cold and I checked my Facebook and all my friends were writing how they were blowing off school and I was tempted to do the same until I remembered......

Rain+Cold=Chance To Wear The New Boots I Bought Last Year But Never Wore Because Of The Sun!




That, ladies and gentlemen is the reason I got out of bed and went to school, not to learn, not to take notes, but to FINALLY wear those boots. And luckily for me, it rained all day! My mom took this picture after I got home from school so that explains why they look wet. They're like Uggs but they have a bit of a wedge heel at the back and they're super comfortable and can only be worn once a year according to our weather. I wore it with black skinny jeans and a green top and white Ethiopian print scarf.

It's a good thing I wore them too, because this is what I woke up to, or rather was woken up by at 7 a.m this morning. This is the view from my bed in my EAST-WARD facing room. Now you know the reason I wake up early is not because I'm focussed it's because the heat and light is just ridiculous.


 CRAZY NAIROBI WEATHER!!!!!!

Headed to my Mizizi Class and I'm late. Yes, this time I'll be early enough for the mingling/refreshments thing :-) Details later!

Ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment