Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Living In You As You

I read Eat Pray Love, it's my favorite book this year. Liz Gilbert though she has some sound and wise advice she doesn't believe exactly the same stuff I do so I was a bit skeptical, but a lot of it is stuff that I ended up applying in my life.

My line for today has a lot to do with what I read today;
  • Genesis 26:17-27:46
  • Matthew 9:1-17
  • Psalm 10:16-18
  • Proverbs 3:9-10

Liz Gilbert said, "God lives in you as you"

Today in Matthew, Jesus says

Matthew 9:16-17  "No one patches up an old coat with a piece of new cloth, for the new patch will shrink and make an even bigger hole in the coat. Nor does anyone pour new wine into used wine skins, for the skins will burst, the wine will pour out, and the skins will be ruined. Instead, new wine is poured into fresh wine skins, and both will keep in good condition."

 It's why people quit going to Church, the thought that you had to dress like your parents, or have your face stuck in a hymnal, or walk and talk like them. That's why I find it so hard to pray because I want my prayers to sound like I hear other people pray. You know how some people can pray and the crowd goes like, "yes! Amen! Yes!" Well, that's never happened to me. And it makes me feel like a pathetic Christian.

Well, today I learnt that I don't have to be like anyone else or pray like anyone else or act like anyone else. I can live my life, I don't have to quit using any gifts or talents, I don't have to know how to sing (although I think I can sing pretty good) I don't have to fit into the stereotypical mold of the church. I can be me, and I can still be a good vessel, you know?


I am a new wineskin :-)




Image from Mavuno Website

No comments:

Post a Comment