Thursday, January 6, 2011

It's Back To School!

Today I read:

  • Genesis 16:1 to 18:15
  • Matthew 6:1-24
  • Psalm 7:1-17
  • Proverbs 2:1-5

"God breathed life into Abram and His name changed to Abraham. When God's breath is on you, your identity changes." I heard some pastor preach that a long time ago and though I try, I can't think of any better interpretation than that. Jesus also talks about outward piety and inward sin in Matthew which also resonates with me, because I don't want to forget the inside and be so focused on the outside.

But, in celebration of the fact that we're re-opening school and I'm going to be in a long, ridiculous line for registration today (do I sound positive enough, because I'm trying to trick my mind into thinking that I'm happy when in reality, I wish I was done with school already!)

Being in a Public Uni is tough because, well in my experience, classes are over crowded, the syllabus isn't extensive and we only cover the basics for some units which won't really help me in 'real-life' or which I can easily learn for myself on Google in under 10 minutes, but my inspiration for today is this:

Proverbs 2 v.2-5:  Listen to what is wise and try to understand it. Beg for knowledge; plead for insight. Look for it as hard as you would for silver or some hidden treasure. If you do, you will know what it means to fear the LORD and you will succeed in learning about God.


I know the passage might be referring to knowledge in the religious sense, but I like to think that it refers to mine as well. So, today, I'm going to register for these classes, this semester I'm going to take commuting in the heat and dust positively, I'm going to get to classes early to listen to my lecturers and beg for understanding, I'm going to work my butt off in begging for knowledge and insight and look for it as hard as I can, and hopefully at the end, I'll succeed.


Have an Inspired Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment