Saturday, January 15, 2011

Saturday News and an Introduction to William

Today I read:


  • Genesis 31:17-32:12
  • Matthew 10:24-11:6
  • Psalm 13:1-6
  • Proverbs 3:16-18


I loved all the drama in Genesis with Jacob and Rachel and Laban, but mostly I loved these two parts;



Proverbs 3:16  Wisdom offers you long life, as well as wealth and honor. 
Proverbs 3:17  Wisdom can make your life pleasant and lead you safely through it. 

and

Psalm 13:5  I rely on your constant love; I will be glad, because you will rescue me. 


Pretty applicable considering all my School issues this week.

On a not-so-great note, I won't be going to Church tomorrow. My mom traveled and my brother and I have to go pick her up. My brother's coming in the morning, leaving his car so we can take ours. I don't really have to go, here's the deal though, the only person who drives the car at home is me. I know every detail about it, I know that sometimes you have to double click the alarm because one door is slower than the rest, I know just the right pressure to apply on the gas pedal to make it pick up seamlessly, I just know the car. I just love this car. It might look old, it might not be worth much, it might have ropes sticking out any and which way, it might be the Nokia 5200 of cars, it might not be the BMW X5 I was parked next to last Sunday, but I love it. It even has a name William Pro. Named of course after William Levy, the hottest man alive a.k.a Juan Miguel San Roman.




(Side Note; if you've read my past posts in which I mentioned William, yeah, I call him William because him and I are tight like that ;-)  after looking at this photo can you now understand my grown-up crush on this man?!)

My brother on the other hand doesn't appreciate William Pro at all. He drives it like men drive cars, pushing it and pushing it until now sometimes it sounds squeaky like an old pick up carrying 100 kilos of something. He promised me he would help me buy William Pro a new sound system, and when the day came, (and to this day I'm still upset with him for it) he reneged and put me in a bad and stressful situation when he told me to borrow from a friend he would pay me back, so after a lot of waiting he started dodging  my calls, and telling me he was sending me money and he never did, and I ended up getting money from my mom. And it wasn't even a large amount that I needed from him I'd already paid like 97% all he needed to give me was around Ksh. 600. I hate debt more than anything and I couldn't imagine going to bed owing someone money. And that's been a brief intro to my not-so-reliable brother. He ended up apologizing a few days later, so, there's that...

Anyway, angry story aside, I put in a new radio and sound system into William Pro and it sounds amazing. And I'm following my brother on this long distance trip because I don't want him to mess around with it. You know how big brothers are with small sisters, he'll think he knows better and mess up my perfect settings or not double click the alarm leaving William Pro vulnerable to thieves or he'll do some other damage like scratch the underside or crack the exhaust and bring the car back without fixing it. Maybe I'm overreacting, but since we've already established that I'm the one who'll end up paying for any theft or damage, I'd rather overreact and protect my investment.

So, for Church, I know this won't go down as a valid reason for missing it, but it's been ages since I've gone on a road trip and I love traveling, so there's that. But, I'll try my best to go, since big bro will probably be late anyway, but in case he's not, then I'll have to wait for the sermon notes to be posted on the website, and I'll be following the haps on twitter. 

Right now, can you believe, I actually have plans on a Saturday! Is it a date? Is it study group? Is it babysitting? Is it a family function? Is it a date? Is it a date? Did I already ask if it was a date yet? Anyhoo, I'm not spilling :-)

William Pro and I are off!!! 




Image free from butterfunk

No comments:

Post a Comment