Wednesday, January 19, 2011

He Always Makes The First Move

Today I read:

Word Challenge
  • Genesis 41:17-42:17
  • Matthew 13:24-46
  • Psalm 18:1-15
  • Proverbs 4:1-6
Joseph's success story continues as he's made "vice president of operations" by age 30. His brothers come to Egypt to buy food and he throws them in jail so that his full brother Benjamin could come and see him. (Honestly who wouldn't do that given the chance hahaha)
Jesus also continues with the parables from yesterday.
What I'm taking away today, and what I need to remember most is this:

Psalm 18:1 How I love you, LORD! You are my defender. 
Psalm 18:2 The LORD is my protector; he is my strong fortress. My God is my protection, and with him I am safe. He protects me like a shield; he defends me and keeps me safe. 

Mizizi

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a future and a hope."

God created me for a relationship with Him. But it sort of feels like this relationship is really hard, I mean, in the first phase it's a big chase, Him reaching out and me hiding, and now it's me seeking. I want to get started already! :-) God made me for a purpose, what is it?

Prayer for Today
Thank you for loving me, for making the first move and for making me so uniquely...I'd also like to lift up my family, T-Dubz, my friends and my life group,those who are sick, like Joanne Heim and many more, here in Nairobi and everywhere, please help them get better and be with their families also. Grant me wisdom and insight as I head to school and please go before me and open up some doors :-) In Jesus name.

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment