Monday, January 31, 2011

Happy New Month!!!

I've been so bad at updating the las few days and I have no idea how I'll catch up on writing all the Bible readings I've been doing, but today I just woke up feeling like I have to write about how good God's been to me after Worship Night and Church on Sunday. You know, how people's lives get changed by stuff like that, well finally I was one of those people!!!

The thought of God and who He is, and the faith I have has grown so much, like a few days ago reading Psalms 24, on how great God is, I just welled up with so much joy :-) and adoration. My oride is slowly but surely going out the window and I'm beginning to trust more.

To be quite honest with you, I skipped past the readings from Exodus, at least until the actual exodus when Pharaoh finally let the Israelites go. It was just too hard for me to understand and I gave up. But I did keep up with the others, and hopefully by the end of the week I'll have gotten enough time to go back and read the parts I jumped.

Today, though I read,



  • Exodus 13:17-15:18
  • Matthew 21:23-46
  • Psalm 26:1-12
  • Proverbs 6:16-19
I loved how God led the Israelites, and I'm praying he leads me too. It's so true how God said He wouldn't lead them through the easy shortcut through, what was it Philistia?...

Exodus 13:17  When the king of Egypt let the people go, God did not take them by the road that goes up the coast to Philistia, although it was the shortest way. God thought, "I do not want the people to change their minds and return to Egypt when they see that they are going to have to fight." 

That is so true, because which one of us, knowing that life isn't all flowers and sunshine we'd think or hope for after salvation, wouldn't take the chance to go back and forget about the whole thing. Better the devil you know than the angel you don't right? Well God who made us, understands our psychology, and how we think. He was the programmer of our reactions. Last week in my Mizizi class one of the girls said something so simple but so powerful that I'd never thought of. God made us in His image, so all these thought and feelings and hormones and emotions and temptations, none of this is new to Him. I mean we go around carrying the heaviest of stuff, I think burden is the right word, so we go around carrying the heaviest of burdens, thinking God would never understand. But, He made us in His own image!!! Do you get that?

Now, like I said before, I have become somewhat of a Psalm girl. I love the praise, and seeing God as all these different things, a mighty warrior, strong tower, defender, the greatest love David experienced...

Psalm 26:3  Your constant love is my guide; your faithfulness always leads me. 

Mizizi
Yesterday, I got a call from my Mizizi Facilitators' Understudy, reminding me of the Church fast this month and asking me if I'd been keeping up with my readings and memory verses. Bloggy-world, I haven't. But I'm doing that now:

Week 1 Memory Verse
1 John 5:11-12 And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life. He who does not have the Son of God does not have life.


Week 2 Memory Verse
Hebrews 4:16 Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.


Prayer for Today & The Month
Lord, thank you so much for the start of this new month. The "month of love". Lord thank you for my Church. Please help Mavunites and grant us grace to finish what we have chosen to do this month. Please let this be an extraordinary experience, a month of joy and bonding with You. Let it be a mark of our longing for You and that we would see You work around each of us as we humble ourselves before You. Lord, change us day after day. Let this time be acceptable to You and may it be a season of transformation in each of our lives. Help us overcome anything that may stand in our way. God we commit our lives to You. 
For me, thank you for the joy you have given me in You, and in who You are and what You're about. Father God, in what I am about to do today, please give me words that can only come from you. Please change my heart. Please help me let it go and move on to the great things You have in store for me. Thank you Jesus. In Your name I pray.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment