Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sing It Out :: Switchfoot

Today was an amazing day. I got to church on time and got to do the entire praise and worship for the first time in a long time and seeing Jaya leading worship was amazing. I mean, she was the year below me in High School, I knew she was a singer, but she's so talented! 


The worship was amazing and to add to all that good stuff was this amazing Switchfoot song, Sing It Out from the album Hello Hurricane. This is officially my song for the year. And for all of you, here at home, if you cant find the album it's only Ksh. 80 or $0.99 for download on Amazon, that's the cost of Chips and Soda, it's worth the sacrifice! I mean check out these lyrics;



Sing It Out By Switchfoot

I'm on the run
I'm on the ropes this time
Where is my song?
I've lost the song of my soul tonight

Sing it out
Sing it out
Take what is left of me
And make it a melody
Sing it out
Sing out loud
I can't find the words to sing
You be my remedy
My song
My song
I'll sing with what's left of me

Where is the sun?
Feel like a ghost this time
Where have you gone?
I need your breath in my lungs tonight

Sing it out.......

I'm holding on
I'm holding on to you
My world is wrong
My world is a lie that's come true
And I fall in love
With the ones that run me through
When all along all I need is you

Sing it out

***********************************************

I mean, how amazing is it? The words combined with the music just makes for an amazing song, and it moves me completely. We've all been there...places where you feel you've lost the song in your soul and you can't find the words to sing. God is the only one who you can look to to be your remedy and the breath in your lungs. The part that absolutely gets me is "my world is wrong, my world is a lie that's come true, and I fall in love, with the ones that run me through, when all along all I need is you"





The SING IT OUT LYRICS are the property of Switchfoot and their label. The lyrics are provided for educational purposes only. If you like the song and I know you will, please, please, please buy the Hello Hurricane CD to support Switchfoot

No comments:

Post a Comment