Saturday, May 26, 2012

Worship Team Auditions

By the time you're reading this, I will be on my way to audition for Worship Team at my church. I write so much about music and worship and sing so much in the shower, I figured it was time to take this public. This is funny for a couple of reasons, I have never actually sang in front of anyone...except for that one time I performed Toby Mac's Made To Love You at a Talent Show in High School...that wasn't too bad...

I really want to do this. I want to be connected in Church and I feel like this is what I should do. Since I got saved and baptized and everything, I've always known mentally, that I was saved, but it never really connected with me until I experienced worship that it all changed for me. I realize everything I do is an act of worship, but there's something about music and voices lifted up that's just amazing and powerful to me.



I am honestly in freak out mode. I don't really know what to expect. I cannot even fathom being rejected...or being bad and not knowing I'm bad and getting those pity looks from the auditoners (?) I guess I'm just going to go up there, pretend I'm in my bedroom and just go crazy...I WISH we were choosing our own songs! I'd have done a Bethel song or a Kim-Walker song and I'd be extremely comfortable in that!

Anywhoo, these are the songs I'm singing...

I Need You...Tye Tribbett
At first glance this seemed like the harder song, but it ended up being the easier one, its loud and fun. There are a lot of ad-libs which I have no idea what to do with, I mean do you copy what the guy's saying or come up with your own. I kinda have my own stuff in mind, but I guess I'll go with the moment.



Mighty To Save...Hillsong
At first glance, this seemed like the easier song, but it's kinda harder to sing...watching a couple of tutorials to see if I can get any tips.




No comments:

Post a Comment