Sunday, May 13, 2012

22nd Birthday Recap Part 1


Honestly, I didn’t want to recreate the magic of birthday parties with my dad, the way I see it, those are awesome memories and not a lot of people have that with their dads, not even my brother and sister. Someday, I’ll have a family and maybe we’ll do that together but for now, I love the memories and I don’t want to plan more bad parties that’ll cloud out the memories of the great ones. This was the best one I’ve had in 4 years. Low-key and totally me:

So, I switched off my alarm and planned on sleeping in, but at exactly midnight, my best friend Reuben, from College called me and wished me a Happy Birthday. In my books, it’s not a birthday unless someone wakes you up at midnight! So, I’m thankful for that, but after that I did put my phone on silent because I was really looking forward to sleeping in. I won’t lie; it does kind of suck being single on your birthday, but … OK, no but, it sucks. Anyway, so, I wake up to a couple of missed calls and texts and I love each of these people, my morning army, Prossy, Paschale, Z, Allan, even Safaricom wished me a Happy Birthday ha! I have to confess I was checking my phone and Facebook all day to read any new birthday messages; you act like it doesn’t mean anything but it really does lol. My brother also sent me some cash as a treat.

I got out of the bed and immediately loved that the weather looked like this and it didn’t rain all day…MIRACLE! Another miracle is that there was absolutely no traffic to town and back!

our street

So, afterwards, I turned on Bethel Music and Jesus Culture and had an incredible time singing in my room. I’m just grateful to God for yet another year and as much as situations are tricky, I’m so lucky because I have Him, and He’s given me a heart for Him. What I do with it is up to me, but He’s blessed me and I’m grateful to that. This is such an important year, it’s when I finish College, decide on whether to job-hunt or join the Church and do a church internship, although my heart is for the latter, I have to make a firm decision this year. I just pray that this year, I stay committed to Him and that I’ll always remember it as the year God did incredible things in my life and grew my love for Him. I want to grow in my purpose and live out my dreams and hopes. This is also the year I probably start the journey to move cities and I truly need Him on that. It was a fun time just having fun dancing around and worshipping. My official birthday song is Matt Stinton from Bethel Music singing This Is What You Do. God, you make me come alive!


OK, then I got all dolled up:



and went to town, where I got to do this


IMAX Kenya source

And see him

THOR!!!
And him

 
Captain America
And him 

Hawk Eye
 
ALL IN 3D!!!

And carry home these

Mexican Fiesta & Chicken n Mushroom


OK this week, I'll do a gifts recap, I cant wait to show you what I got!

BEST BIRTHDAY YET!!!

xx
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment