Saturday, March 10, 2012

Letter To My Teenage Kids Part 3

Part 3 of the letter…

I’ve told you before regular students pay 13,000/- for school in K.U, Parallel students pay 70,000/-. In private schools it only gets worse, with places like Strathmore paying up to 250,000/-. At least work hard enough to get into a regular program, or enough to earn a scholarship to help pay your fees. Trust me, pride will be your downfall if you don’t watch out. I see the way my own mum struggles, and I regret everyday why I didn’t work harder.

Scholarships are there. I have a friend who’s travelled all over the world because her sponsor wants her to experience the world. It’s crazy to see her pictures on Facebook from places like Barbados and Puerto Rico, that time, me I haven’t even left the country, and yet she was my desk mate in Primary School. Life handed her the same opportunities as me, she used them and I didn’t and now I live in regret of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment