Friday, March 16, 2012

Letter To My Teenage Kids Part 8

Part 8 of the Letter
Einstein defines insanity as doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Quit the insanity. If you want to change your life, this is your moment. God is ready to do something incredible for you. Take him at his word and you better brace yourself because he will help you take off. Pray and tell God, “I’m tired of living my life like I’m insane, doing the same thing over and over, giving my heart away, and building up that number of people who own a piece of me. I need your help, God. Change me.” You’ve got an army of people praying for you from cucu (grandma) to your folks to my family.

This is your mission, if you choose to accept it, turn your entire life around. I’m not preaching or telling you get saved or anything. But for the love of all things. Change your life. Say, from this day, this is who I am. Talk to a teacher you can trust, ask for help. Be bold enough to stand out from your crowd. DEFINE WHAT COOL IS AND DON’T LET THE WORLD OR YOUR FRIENDS DEFINE IT FOR YOU!

My prayer for you is that you do this. Let your ending be so far apart and so incredibly different from your beginning that no one who knows you now, or who knew you before will be able to recognize you. Let your friends see you as the top 100 girl in the papers and be like “haiya, did I read that right?” Let them see your updates from your desk at a successful job or travelling the world and be like “wah, I can’t believe that’s the same girl that did this and that when we were in High School.” Tell the guys who are leading you into these dark and dangerous paths, ”I can’t today, my dad grounded me” or “I have to study preps, my mom is riding my teacher to give me more assignment” use any excuse to get out of the hole you’re in and start climbing.

Please, please I’m begging you. Don’t make the same mistakes I did. And me I got a B+ and still struggling, where will you be? Focus on your work and building a good personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment