Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Letter To My Teenage Kids Part 6

Part 6 of the letter

You know, my words mean nothing in the grand scheme of things, and you know without love, it means nothing, it’s like I’m just standing on a rooftop making noise. But, I love you, and more important than that God loves you and his love is unrelenting, he won’t stop loving you no matter what you do.

God understands us losing our way. I read Mark 6 today and it was about how one day Jesus was so tired he just wanted to go out to the hills with his disciples and just relax. But he got to the hill and found thousands of people waiting to see Him. If it was me, I’d be like, ai, I have to rest, give me an hour. But Him, in verse 34 says, “… he had compassion on them, for they were like sheep without a shepherd, and he began to teach them many things.” Like sheep, we get lost from time to time, we lie to our parents that we’re in a mat when we’re in Upper Hill ( J ), we kiss the wrong guy; we go too far with another. We look for love, anything to make us feel good in that moment. God gets that, and he doesn’t hate us for it. He has compassion (love) love for us.

His love is unchanging, the same God who in Mark had compassion, is the same God who healed your mom, the same God who’s protected you and me when we’ve put ourselves in dangerous situations like going to people’s houses and not knowing if these people will drug you or if you’ll get in an accident when you’re going back, that time your family doesn’t know where you are. That’s how there are so many lost, unclaimed bodies in the mortuary.

It’s the same God who saved me, and showed me His plan and His vision for my life, despite the fact that I didn’t deserve his forgiveness. So let Him teach you and show you the right way.

No comments:

Post a Comment