Saturday, June 23, 2012

Performance V. Experience

Wow, so where do I begin in catching up?!

Well, I guess the most exciting news this week is...I Made The Worship Team! {Read about the audition here and making it here :-)}

I am just super excited about that though I have no idea what it's going to be like, but I'm just trusting God for a while other great adventure in it.

I've really been feeling God's love today...I don't know what it is. I'm really excited that after a dry-spell like I talked about here and here, that I feel renewed and back on track. I think there's two things that reall helped me though:




and





Source: United Pursuit Band Blog by Nathan Fray

That part for performance versus experience really got me. Do I worship in a certain way because that's the way it's always been done or becaues it's what's Jesus has put on my heart? I'd encourage you to click on the link and read the rest of Nate's blog. He talks about how Jesus said in 

“This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me. And in vain they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’ For laying aside the commandment of God, you hold the tradition of men – the washing of the pictures and cups, and many other such things you do. All too well you reject the commandment of God, that you may keep your tradition.” Mark 7:6-9 and
“Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition.” – Matt. 15:6

That's been my take-out for the week...if I'm really going to go after the heart of God, He has to be at the center, not tradition or performance. The disciples waited on God and experienced a whole new thing, it wasn't just going through the motions with them, it was authentic. So that's what I've been praying for, authenticity, and more than that, that God would reveal Himself to me and that I would encounter Him in a new fresh, REAL EXPERIENCE way.

Oh, another thing that got me was;




I DEFINITELY HAVE TO GO TO BSSM!!!

Hopefully Brian and Jenn's Spanish Bay House minutes away from Campus will open up for me :-)


xx
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment