Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Madaraka Day 2012 Re-cap


So, last Friday we Kenyans celebrated Madaraka day, which is Independence Day, when Kenya gained independence from the British colonialists 49 years ago.


02 Uhuru Gardens, Nairobi, Kenya
This travel blog photo's source is TravelPod page: Nairobi, Kenya


I don’t know if it’s like this for everyone, but it’s not such a patriotic big deal to me anymore. Don’t get me wrong, I love freedom and all, but now, a public holiday is just a day off and in this case, a long weekend desperately needed.

I slept in, I was exhausted form my exam that Thursday, woke up at around 9, watched a couple of movies in bed. Then, my sister came over with my (almost 2 y/o!) nephew JT! I’d missed that little guy so much! We caught up and made a bunch of toasted sandwiches…I got so full I couldn’t eat anything for the rest of the day (there goes another day of kicking healthy eating habits out of the window)

Then we got the trike out for my little man, who by the way started calling me “Auntie Amla” (My 2ndname is Nyambura, which only my family calls me, so Amla is pretty close :-) ) Aww, I’m an aunty, so cool! My niece, (brother’s daughter) is 3 y/o, and she calls me “Ambua”, which is also the cutest thing, now just working on her to add ‘auntie’ to that.

Here’s my little man in action 

Raha And Life


xx
Jo

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures! Thanks for showing interest in my love story!

    ReplyDelete