Monday, March 28, 2011

Rooted!


Colossians 2:7  Keep your roots deep in Him, build your lives on Him, and become stronger in your faith, as you were taught. And be filled with thanksgiving. 


This year, I decided to take some time out and try to reconnect with God and myself. This verse is mine for this year and here's how I want to live it out.

Rooted
Mizizi, (Swahili for roots) is a 10 week course designed to help you grow deep roots for your Christian faith, reconnect with God, your purpose and friends. This is my second time around doing it, the first time, a lot was going on in my life and I couldn't really commit, but this year I'm planning to give it my all. Why am I doing Mizizi? Really, to be able to get to a place where God isn't some far off entity, but for me to be so close that He'll ask me to get some tic tacs hahaha :-D



Build your lives on Him, and become Stronger in your Faith
The Mavuno Word Challenge, reading the entire Bible in a year. My experience so far is that, it's given me a different point of view on things and a bit of understanding, coupled with a whole bucket load of questions. Questions are good though; as we say, "Kuuliza si ujinga" or, loosely translated, "The stupidity is not in the asking" And it's not just about getting it over and done with in a year, it's about learning stuff that could change your day to day life and building a routine that should last a lifetime.



Keeping it real though, there have been a couple of days when I wake up and I just can't even imagine picking up the Bible or rather opening up my e-Sword. When I'm tired or angry or when I feel there's just no point, but even the best laid plans need some flexibility, so when I skipped a day I went back to what I missed the next day, when maybe my mood picked up or something. I might have days like that at some more points in the year, but with your help ;-) ;-) I'm sure I'll just pick myself up and move on.

Be Filled with Thanksgiving
I really want to engage in a life group. Make and keep some good friends. Receive a bit of mentorship. Be a better friend to others myself. It's not going to work, making all these changes and achieving so much without people to cheer you on, be real with you and tell you you're messing up and just be there for the occasional lunches and coffee. David had Jonathan, Jesus had His boys', Timothy had Paul. I need my people too!!



Right here, you can follow my adventures if you click on the links below:







You can also go to the Mavuno website for more information or just to check things out.


Happy Reading!!!!



Image from dan and mavuno website and renjith krishnan respectively

No comments:

Post a Comment