Saturday, June 15, 2013

Memory Verses

Not everyone is called to share their deepest darkest secrets with the world; but I have been, so a part of my blogging is out of my awe of God and how He’s healed me.


Genesis 50:20 says, “You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.”
Sometimes we go through stuff that other people have gone through but their untold stories remain in the dark. A huge benefit of being a lastborn is that my mom and sister tell me how they dealt with the things I'm dealing with now. I get to learn from amazing women who've gone before me. 
As humans, and speaking for myself, I've gone through struggles and  pain that I don't want anyone I know to go through. It's hard to talk about all of it, because a lot of things would break my pride and this cool and "unfazed in the face of anything" reputation that I cling to. Satan takes hold of that fear of sharing and binds me up. It seems that when I, and people in general, start talking that Satan loses his grip. I pray that many people will find the confidence to speak up about their secret sin/fear/shame… and in the process, find healing through Christ.

Currently an area that I'm pursuing is making and sticking to firm boundaries. One of the fruits of the Holy Spirit is self-control and that's an area I want to grow in. I have to keep reminding myself, I have these boundaries in place not for restriction but rather to defne the parameters of my freedom. I'll write more on that later on.
For today, I want to remind myself and you guys of a couple of things:

Deuteronomy 2:3, “You have circled this mountain long enough. Now turn north.”

1 Corinthians 6:19, “Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, 
who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 
you were bought with a price. Therefore honor God with your body.”

1 Corinthians 10:13-14, “...God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond 
what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will provide a way out 
so that you can stand up under it. Therefore, my dear friends, flee...”

2 Corinthians 12:9-11, “But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, 
for My power is made perfect in weakness...' therefore, when I am weak, 
then I am strong.”

Romans 6:19-20, “I put this in human terms because you are weak 
in your natural selves. Just as you used to offer the parts of your body 
in slavery to impurity and to ever-increasing wickedness, so now 
offer them in slavery to righteousness leading to holiness.”

No comments:

Post a Comment