Wednesday, June 12, 2013

52 Weeks of Bloggin with a Purpose: Who I am


It's difficult to be faced with that question. At 23, a college graduate, working in an office job, I should have it figured out by now but I don't. Truth is most days it feels like I'm living in the "Who I'll be one day" phase rather than the "Who I Am Now".

Who I'll be one day is wife to an amazing man of God, mother to adorable kids. A daughter, a sister and an aunt. A sister-in-law, a daughter-in-law and a friend. Pastor in an amazing Church.

Who am I now? That's a tough one.

Well, I'm a writer and a blog designer. This is a newly-formed passion of mine. I've written all y life. In High school I was the annoying girl who did extra essays, compositions and book reports for my English teacher to grade. At some point I thought of that lady as my best friend! Yeah, I'm that girl who scribbled in her journal about boys and God and my future in somewhat equal measure.

I'm a singer and learner and lover of music. I sing at my Church worship team and I love it and it's something I want to pursue.


I'm daughter to an amazing mom, sister to an amazing sister and auntie to a bunch of amazing kids



I'm friend to amazing friends and I love each of them dearly.

I'm many things, but mostly I'm a daughter of God. Beloved, treasured, fought for and won, delivered, redeemed, restored and all those many words that mean, God, creator of the universe loves me and gave Himself for me and for my freedom. His love and grace overwhelms me.

I'm a person learning what it means to walk forgiven and what it means to be redeemed. I'm many things but one thing. Does that make sense?

post signature





No comments:

Post a Comment