Thursday, April 18, 2013

What Do You See?




Yesterday, I read a status update from Paul Manwaring where he talked about how the way you define God’s glory directly influences how you receive it. 

{Paul is a pastor out at Bethel Church in Redding and He's amazing. He reminds me incredibly of my dad and He's got such a spiritual fatherliness about him and incredible humility all wrapped up in one. He wrote the book "What On Earth Is Glory?" which I'm planning on getting once I get some extra cash. I'm not sure but I think he mentioned once how someone had prophesied him being a leader to leaders and a father to fathers, if I'm remembering correctly, then he is the most in-your-face revelation of prophesy ever because it's definitely true of him. I haven't met him in person but hopefully will one day.}

My definition of glory has always been goodness. God’s glory is all His goodness. Goodness encompasses His love, His strength, His awesomeness, His majesty, everything, all of that is good. When I think about Him showing me His glory, I see all this goodness and I can’t begin to imagine the extent of it. I can’t see how it all fits into this one person in this case me. I see glory as something that when it’s revealed to you, you can capture it, in all your senses. You can hear it, you can see it, you can taste it and touch it and smell it.

Psalm 34:8 Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh the joys of those who take refuge in Him!

I was thinking about that yesterday and today I came across this verse in Revelation totally randomly, someone else tweeted it:...

Revelation 4:8 Each of the four living creatures had six wings and was covered with eyes all around, even under its wings. Day and night they never stop saying, “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come!”

I’m doing a Bible study of Revelations for the next couple of weeks, I’m still in Chapter 1 so I haven’t gotten to any of the huge “visions”, but from what I’ve heard and read, Revelations is a pretty allegorical book with tons of symbolism embedded into the face-value meaning of the words. What I mean is, there are winged creatures with six wings and eyes all around, but I also can imagine, being around the throne is a lot to take in. Like I said, the goodness of God invades every sense and to me, the realest sense of all, is sight. 

You can doubt what you feel, you can doubt what you hear, you can doubt what you taste or smell, but it’s almost impossible to doubt what you see. So, if God’s intention is for us to be in Heaven beholding His glory, it would be kind of in His great and funny nature to give some creatures a gazillion eyes.

My prayer is, for God to give me eyes to see His glory; to be overcome here on earth and stay in awe all the way to Heaven. If I end up on the worship team up there, maybe I’ll get a gazillion eyes to behold His glory ;-)

xx
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment