Monday, April 21, 2014

Kris.V.Opened.The.Door.For.Me!

So I've been here 9 months now & still getting rocked to the very last second. Something happened this weekend that touched me so much that I had to write about it. It might not seem like a huge deal, it really isn't and I can't explain why it's so significant that I had to write about it...actually, I've SOZO'd myself & read Bethel books so much I can probably explain why it's so significant to me, but I'm sure nobody wants to hear any of that...anyway...here's the life-changing event...

Kris.Vallotton.Opened.The.Door.For.Me!

I don't mean supernaturally, paving the way or anything like that...he's done enough of that in class already. I mean literally opened the door. I was walking up behind him into Church, he saw me, he took a step back and held the door open for me to go in before him. I mean, there's being a gentleman, which is maybe just holding the open door after he was already inside. But, then there's being a man and showing off just how much of a gentleman you can be...in a good way. Going above & beyond.



It's such a small thing, stepping back & holding the door open. It's the same feeling I get when guys from school run ahead & open their car doors for me. It's being esteemed above the slight temporary inconvenience. It's being honored & valued for absolutely no reason other than the fact that God created me as a woman and them as a man.

So, I have to thank Kris & all the awesome men at BSSM (& the grandpa down the street who cheers me on when I'm running) who've showered me with honor without any idea they were doing it. To the men's small group that adopted my women's small group & arranged communion for us, sang and prophesied over us, just to show us love. All of you guys changed my life. Literally. I've always been taught that men like you don't exist & I was dreaming thinking they do but because you're here and you're REAL you've made me see who I am in God's eyes & who I can be. You've restored the standard. There's no going back from that.

Thank You!


No comments:

Post a Comment