Monday, November 4, 2013

How to Shut Comparison Up in 7 Days

God's been teaching me a lot about..a lot. I honestly have no idea where I'm going with this, but I'm just gonna write & see where it goes :-)

True confidence has no room for comparison or jealousy. When you know you are great, you have no reason to hate. My friend was preaching to us today and talked about how it's easy to measure ourselves up against others by digging to find their dirt & feeling better about ourselves compared to their issues. He made such a great point, "When you realize that you're powerful when everybody around you is powerful, then you don't have to show others you're more powerful than them."

God's been showing me that He made a way for ALL of us. If I'm too busy comparing myself to others or being envious of the breakthroughs of others, I'm missing out on recognizing and giving God glory for my own! It was pretty neat when Kris came in during service & spoke about this feeling of self-condemnation/comparison/jealousy in the atmosphere & prayed over us. I saw light take over my heart, which was pretty cool & a breakthrough for me getting strength over those thoughts.

My words have authority. I can partner with Heaven and speak life into situations or I can allow the devil to use my negative emotions for his gain, or worse still, my own tongue creates self-fulfilling negative prophecies. I need to realize my life, is already sorted. I need to walk in that and start partnering with God about saving lives, acting in compassion, changing the world.

I decided this week, after Kris Vallotton's sermon, to follow a couple of examples laid out in the Bible. When Joshua plundered Jericho, all they did for 6 days was walk around the wall in the quiet (as quiet as an army can be) and unchanging circumstance. On the 7th day, they made a great noise. Zechariah because of His doubt wasn't allowed to speak until the promise came to pass. I'm putting duct tape on my mouth. No words of doubt or fear will leave my mouth for the next 7 days. I'm saying 7 days just because this is hard for me, changing my mindset, but God will give me grace to do it & turn it into a lifestyle.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment