Saturday, November 30, 2013

Joan's Favorite Cookie Recipe

I've made these cookies a few times & the first few times were a disaster, but I think I'm getting better. Here's the thing about me though, I find it so hard to pull cookies out a little raw, so the 1st time, I cooked them until they turned into little hard cakes, the next time I took them about 2 minutes before they were little cakes and now they turned out pretty ok, but dried out by the end of the day. This time though, I took them out right when they were golden at the edges, it was perfect!


  • 2 1/2 cups (350 g) all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup canola oil
  • 1/2 cup (200 grams) granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup (200 grams) lightly packed brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs, at room temperature
  • Chocolate chips, I don't like too many in so I use 1/2 cup, you can use anywhere from 1/2 to 2 cups 
Preheat oven to 375
Mix canola oil & sugar
Add in eggs & vanilla
Add dry ingredients
Add chips
Spray baking sheet & drop 1 tbsp of dough or an ice cream scoop of dough on it
Bake 9 to 13 minutes or until edges are golden brown and middles look lightly brown, moist, but not wet


I wish I took a better picture, all I could dig out was a quick Instagram :-)
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment