Friday, July 13, 2012

First Rehearsal


Last night was a great night. I didn’t even think about it, I think I’ve had a lot of great moments and  they’re kinda melting in together and that’s not a good thing. It’s the slippery slope to that hole you find yourself in thinking, “I can’t remember the last time I was happy” when that ‘time’ was just a couple of days ago.
So last night was a great night. It was almost everything I ever thought it would be. I say almost because my sinuses were acting up and my voice was horribly nasally, and of course with my luck, I got to a point where I had to sing alone out of our alto group, but still it was awesome. 

Picture this, a bunch of people, like almost 20 of us, just listening to music and learning it and singing it, messing up, laughing about it and singing some more. Who would ever, ever have thought I, me, I would ever do that???

I can answer that, NOT ME! All it is, is just thinking about the last couple of years, not even that, but most of my life and thinking about all the times I struggled so hard to find happiness or contentment or fulfillment or whatever and how much I MESSED IT UP. Really, you look up “disaster-magnet” in the dictionary, it would have been me. 

So now here I am, singing in a Church on a Wednesday night, after getting back some amazing Exam Results and hanging out with a great friend who cares about me for absolutely no reason other than just being friends, get home happy, wake up with no panic attacks.

Who am I and what happened to the old Joanne? Jesus and I am SO thankful for that.

I know this is the point where I’m supposed to say “Oh, but don’t get me wrong Christianity isn’t all roses and sunshine” but we all know that, so let’s allow this post to be a roses and sunshiny post, because on a cold and prickly day, we might need this.

Xx
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment