Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Blogger 411 Link Up...Get to Know Me!


I love a good link up and this was so fun. So, if you want to know a little about me (as if I haven’t shared enough!) read on, and join the link up, so I can get to know you!




1. How long have you been blogging and what got you started on blogging? Has your blog changed?
I’ve been blogging for a little more than 1½ years. I got started because I like writing and I was going through a lot of changes in my life and felt like it’d be cool to look back in a couple of years and see all the crazy thoughts I had. My blog has changed a lot, as have I. In the beginning, it was a little more business and reflective and serious, I think now I’m more open, more silly, more me. Plus, there’s a lot more of a Christian vibe this year.

2. Did you go to college? If so, where and what did you study?
I started off in Strathmore doing my CPA’s and now I’m finishing up at Kenyatta doing Marketing, graduating mid-late next year God willing.

3. Where have you travelled?
I was born and raised and still live in Nairobi, Kenya. I’ve left the country once to Ethiopia when I was teeny tiny, other than that, I’ve travelled a little on school trips and what not, to Mombasa most recently and Rift Valley when I was a kid.

4. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?
A plane ticket to Redding, California and a cheap apartment so I can go to Bethel School of Supernatural Ministry :-‘)

5. What are your three biggest pet peeves?
People who cough or sneeze without covering their mouth
People who invade personal space, stand too close when talking or touch my face (NO!)
Inappropriate messages on Facebook that come with a friend request (like, "you’re hot accept my request")

6. What is your favorite movie?
The Avengers!!!!!!!!!

7. What is your drink of choice?
I’ve become a huge water girl, other than that, fresh juice or Del Monte.

8. What is something you enjoy to do in your “me-time”?
Watch movies or catch up with TV in bed after a long hot shower, with some delicious food.

9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be?
That’s about 850,000/= Practically, I’d “Muthurwa” it all and re-sell it for a ton of money. But for the sake of this, I’d do the Identity -  EnkaRasha - Mr. Price - Woolworths tour.

10. Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past or present?
Dancing on stage in High School and my costume top slipping off showing some major side boob in front of the entire school and teachers, including my make chemistry and math teachers…that’s my go-to embarrassing moment, nothing has ever beat that.

11. What day would you love to relive again?
The first time I ever swam in the Ocean. It’s a great memory, I was with a bunch of people I loved and called my friends, I was in love, and I felt incredibly safe and happy. We ate fried potatoes {viazi karai}on the beach, we took pictures as the sun was setting and the moon was rising. Had a party and took loads more pictures back at one of our hotel rooms. The one and only great memory I have from that whole season of my life. Loved that day!

12. If your life was turned into a movie, what actor would play you?
Troian Bellisario who plays Spencer on Pretty Little Liars…she can do smart, edgy, mysterious and type-A and she knows a thing or two about falling for the wrong guys, but appreciating the right guy when he comes along.

13. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years?
High school kids don’t get jobs in this part of the world…school is pretty intense, no long holidays. My first job was interning at a major company brewing the best beer in the world for a couple of months after my 2nd year of college. It was a customer service/marketing job.

14. Show us a picture from your High School or college

clubbing 1st year of college, hugely embarrassing!!!!

15. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?
Again, Redding, to go to BSSM.

16. Show us the most current picture of you or your family of anything of meaning to you

thought a more innocent picture of me would erase the image of the first :-)

17. Where do you see your life 5 years from now?
Married. In love. Working at a great culture-defining church. Leading a worship team. Taking the world for Jesus with my hubby. Hanging out with my family (siblings) as much as possible. Hanging out with my bff’s as much as possible.

xx
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment