Friday, February 10, 2012

Considering Abortion

I've been wanting to do a post on this for a long time, only it's just a really heavy topic, and its one of those things where you have to get the words exactly right. You can wait a long time for perfection and it'll never come. But the gist of what I want to say is this.

Sometimes as human beings, we put ourselves in situations that question the very backbone of who we are. Unplanned pregnancy is one of them. There's a whole lot of debate going on about "women's freedom of choice" and "when does life really begin" I don't want to express my opinion on any of that, I don't even think I have an opinion on that.

It's just that this is a topic near and dear to my heart, because I've heard stories and I've been in situations where a girl and people close to me are tormented by this choice, fear of her parents, fear of losing her boyfriend, fear of the future, where the money will come from and all that. I know a girl who went through this, and what happened afterward nearly killed her. The procedure was unsafe, despite the numerous reassurances by the doctor her boyfriend paid for. She died too soon because she couldn't deal with the guilt. I was there, I was supposed to be her friend, to be her voice of reason, but I couldn't reach her. If I could have though this is what I would have said.

I pray that this post will somehow reach a girl who might be browsing Dr. Google, looking for a solution.

I promise you, things will be o.k. Yes, I can make that promise because, one thing I know is that God wouldn't have given you this situation if He didn't have a plan for you, and His plans are always for good. It's scary and it's devastating and your family might hate you and be disappointed, your boyfriend will probably leave, but doors will open for you in the most unexpected of places. Go to a great Church, find someone to hold your hand and support you and hold you accountable. Trust in God, pray continuously, love and fight for your child with everything you've got. You will make it through. I can't emphasize that enough, that you will make it through and that it'll be SO MUCH EASIER LIVING WITH YOUR BABY THAN WITHOUT HIM!

If you have made that choice and now you're trapped in that black hole and it doesn't seem like there's a way out. There is. God is bigger than your past and His grace covers all your sin. It'll be an uphill battle but you will find strength and healing. Don't lose hope. Don't believe that lie in your head that says your dirty and worthless and that you have no value. In God's eyes You ARE His child, His beloved. He wants to heal you and to draw you back to Himself.

I would love if you'd e-mail me or comment on this if you need to talk and I can send you my number and help in any way I can.

God Bless

xx Raha



No comments:

Post a Comment