Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Make-Up


I don't really know how I got the idea to do this post. But, I see plenty of guys online posting their make-up secrets, like Angie Smith over at Bring The Rain, so, here's mine.

I’m not really a make-up kind of girl. I mean, I get done up when I’m leaving the house, but when I’m at home, I don’t really do much, and that’s something I’d love to change this year. Most of the time, if you “popped by” my house, I’d look “toe up, and smelling like ass” like Kendra Baskett said once. (Maybe not that bad…I hope)

Anyway, there’s not much you can do, or want to do in this Nairobi heat. It’s January so, its ranging from 27-34 degrees Celsius (82-93F) By the time you get to work, it’s like your face has melted off!

Anyway, when I’m going out to class or to run errands in town, I always start with a generous slather of Nivea Moisturizing Milk with Sea Minerals. I live and die by it, and when the heat strikes as mentioned, it gives me a glow, yeah, not a shiny oily nose, am all-over, rosy cheeks glow. I also like it because I have dry skin, and it gets rid of those dry patches. 

Also, I totally break out without exfoliating every couple of days or if I go in the sun without a good moisturizer. (For exfoliating, pretty simply, a face towel and body wash normally works great for me, but I use Nivea cleanser on special occasions)

I don’t really do concealers or foundations, because (thank God) I have pretty good skin most of the time. All I do is some blush, which I use Luron Tawny Beige color, and maybe if I feel like it, use some Luron compact powder on any shiny parts (T-Zone) as well.

Then I do some eye-liner under my bottom lashes, and do a neutral eye-shadow like a peach color. Then I do 1 or 2 coats of mascara if I have some time.

That’s basically it. I use Nivea Happy Time body lotion, shower gel, soap, lip-balm and deodorants. Finally, I am a body spray kinda girl, it pains me to buy perfume for myself and know how much ever squirt is worth! I use sprays from Yardley Cosmetics and right now I'm into Black Lace. I'm into citrus, kinda woody deep scents, rather than plain flowery scents. Despite my love for Yardley, I’d love a designer perfume for valentine’s, my birthday…..any occasion really, just don't let me know how much it cost.


xx
Raha

No comments:

Post a Comment