Sunday, October 14, 2012

Bring God into your Health Journey

I love blogging, more than that, I love reading blogs, blogs about people trying to work out God into every area of their life and I Love Life Massive is one of those blogs. Found this post that I LOVED and thought I'd give you a glimpse into the type of writing Michelle does and why I love this blog.


"This past month I've started to crave that lifestyle again. Noooo not joining the cheer squad again... getting healthy. 
Working a desk job all day means little movement and to be honest, I've felt week and tired. Enough was enough and I decided to make a change. I didn't want to trumpet it to the world like I usually do when I start something new... (call me an external processor)... because this time...it was for me. 
I never realized this until recently, but any time in the past that I've started to get healthy, more active, or eat better, it was always because I felt obligated to do so... like I owed it to the world or something. I felt like I had to because it was the right thing to do...  not because I had any internal motivation. 
God has been doing SO much in SO MANY areas of my life, and I've just recently come to realize that a genuine desire to be healthy and strong is a natural overflow of what He has been doing in me. 
I've been waking up eeeeearly to work out in the mornings. Anyone who knows me knows that I don't believe in getting up before the sun. I feel like I am a sun... and I like to rise with it, and sleep with it ;) My point is... GRACE has been covering me! Sure, it's not always easy to roll (and I literally mean roll) out of bed in the morning, but once I get up and going, It's GLORIOUS!! I feel GREAT after a work out! I feel stronger and I feel like I made the time count! I've also been doing Body by Vi. If you haven't heard about it, you can learn more here. I absolutely LOVE drinking the shakes every day. They are SO yummy! Everyone calls it the shake mix that tastes like cake mix :) I actually have to remind myself that I can't just have it for all 3 meals a day... otherwise I WOULD! Ha!! I love it :)

My success tools have been...
1. Working out with a friend... we help keep each other motivated and encouraged... plus its FUN!
2. Body by Vi (it's making my meals EASY!!)
3. Water
4. Hope & Vision for a healthy me! (You have to believe it's possible)
5. Self worth (because I AM worth it!)

If you feel unmotivated or disconnected from health in your life, ask God to give you vision for it. When I let Him in the picture, everything changed for me. I just wanted to share a bit of my story in case someone, somewhere, needed a testimony to remind them that it's possible. I have enough hope for all of us :)

Happy Health!!"


The parts in bold are the parts that really got me. Make sure you head to her blog and read her thoughts on God too.

xx
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment