Thursday, August 16, 2012

What I'm Reading: Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers

I love being on break! I wake up leisurely at 8:30, read my Bible and pray, make a cup of coffee and peanut butter and pineapple jam for breakfast, settle down for my guilty pleasure (watch Pasion de Gavilanes and La Tormenta reruns on NTV) don't judge, I'm a girl, those Mexican soaps fill my soul j/k!

After those 2 hours bonding with Santos Torrealba and the Reyes brothers, I clean, do laundry/dishes or whatever, then, and this is where I kill all you people busy at work...grab a book, head outside and just sit and read and enjoy the great weather we've had this week :-)

Sadly, being a woman of leisure is drawing to a close since I'm heading into my last semester after which, I'll have to be on the grind just like all of you. Until then though, I'm milking this carefree life for all its worth!

This week, I'm re-reading for about the hundredth time, this gem: 



The book is a fictional story based on the book of Hosea in the Bible. You know Hosea, the prophet God called to marry a prostitute to represent the condition of Israel...look it up!

Anyway, this is the most amazing book I've ever read. Michael Hosea is such a man, like he gets angry and frustrated but he loves fiercely and is determined to let Angel know that. Angel is so broken and you can feel her pain and celebrate in her growth...anyway, I wont spoil it for you. All I can say is, if you find it, buy it!


xx
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment