Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Team Player

I will be the first to admit, I was not a team player. I felt I had valid reasons. I could work faster alone, I didn;t have to compromise or take direction, I could just be. I hate that version of myself, honestly, I doin;t know how people could stand me then. I was proud and arrogant.
Right now, I'm proud to say I am a team player. It's simply a matter of realizing confidence doesn't relate to arrigance. There are two mistakes people make when it comes to being in a team. 

One is, thinking you're always right and not wanting to listen to the opinions of others. When this happens, you just have to take a minute and consider someone's plan or perspective and not jump down their throat. This was me, like if we had group discussions for an assignment, I would skip the meetings and email work that I'd done single-handedly.

Two is, not putting yourself out there enough because you feel like your ideas will be shot down. This is also me at points. The best way to handle this, is to come heavily prepared, if you truly believe something should be done in a certain way to be successful, present, defend and do it.

I think those are the biggest lessons I've learnt this week.
Any suggestions?
xx 
Raha


No comments:

Post a Comment