Tuesday, November 1, 2011

College Pancakes


Hey Guys,
Yesterday I saw some pancakes on TV and had a crazy craving, only thing is I only had flour in my little pantry. No eggs, no milk, nothing else that ordinarily goes into pancakes. So, I headed to the shops to buy some baking powder/soda (don't ask me why I didn't just buy milk and eggs as well)

Anyway, as a college student living in a tiny apartment with no fridge and little disposable income, I'm on the search to find ways to make home-cooked classics on the cheap, and with ingredients that will keep relatively well, fridgeless. Introducing my first in this line of recipes.....

COLLEGE PANCAKES
  • 1 Cup White Baking Flour
  • ¾ Cup Water
  • 3 Tablespoons Sugar
  • ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
  • 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
  • ¼ Teaspoon Salt
  • 1 ½ Tablespoons Margarine
  • 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract


  1. 1.       Sift all the dry ingredients together, all except the sugar. It makes the pancakes airy and soft.
  2. 2.       Add the sugar.
  3. 3.       Add vanilla and margarine and half the water and whisk together.
  4. 4.       Gradually add the rest of the water until thick, but pouring consistency.
  5. 5.       Heat frying pan, under high heat but reduce it to medium-low. I used margarine, but you could use whatever your heart desires.

N.B Make sure you oil the pan for each pancake, they will get stuck if you don’t.
N.B These pancakes are really soft and fluffy and will break apart if you make them too big.

Enjoy!


xx 
Raha

No comments:

Post a Comment