Monday, April 11, 2011

Money and the Silent Treatment

The Captain and I haven't seen each other for days now. We had a bit of an argument over money on Thursday. Saving up has just been hard for both of us and things reached boiling point when I'd used up my budget allowance by Wednesday so I couldn't afford to do anything. I tried using my ATM card to like get more money, but then he's on the mobile-banking system where any transaction gets text messaged to your phone and he found out. It was just a big mess. I know I was wrong, but I just needed to get away for awhile. So I went back home to my mom's and switched off my phone all weekend, don't worry, I told him and explained what was going on with me and that I just needed a couple of days.

I actually got to thinking, and I realized, most of the time our arguments are because of me. I mean I blame him, and not just him but other people who I don't get along with, but when I look at how these people get along with the rest of the word, they're great. So when everyone around you knows the sky is blue and you go around insisting that it's pink, you've got to realize they're not the crazy ones...you are. I am definitely crazy. I'm not saying I'm always wrong, and he's always right, but I do tend to judge people by a higher standard than I judge myself and it's not cool. I really want to try and change that.

Anyway today I met with my beloved, I told him my realization. He tried to console me, telling me that I'm not that bad, lol, but I did ask him for help and he agreed. We also went looking for an engagement ring. So interesting, the price ranges I mean...there's the 6000, the 12000, the 80000 shilling. There's engraved or not engraved, there's the matching set or single, there's silver, and platinum, yellow gold, white gold, diamonds, fake diamonds. I mean...it's endless.

Obviously, every girl dreams of the platinum and diamond ring, and I most certainly did, but as I grew older I started thinking yellow gold is more common in Kenya and maybe more practical. Also, there are so many fake silver rings selling everywhere, I don't want people to doubt my ring. I really really like the thought of not going traditional with the yellow gold and doing something different.

Anyway, I found a couple of designs that I liked, and we decided to do a matching set, because it's relatively cheaper and I don't see the point in buying an engagement ring that I'm not going to wear for the rest of my life. Now some of these may be over the top and we probably won't have the money to buy them, but a girl can dream can't she? :-)

I'm going to upload those pictures as soon as I can.

Have a great day my lovies.


XO.... T.M

No comments:

Post a Comment