Sunday, April 3, 2011

Engagement and Satisfaction

It's just hit me that as much as The Captain is to me, a sweet and romantic guy, and I always feel like I landed the jackpot when it comes to him, yesterday I realized just how much of a guy he is when it comes to wedding planning. At some point we were even tempted to throw the towel in and just go to the A.G's office and get married, like you know, elope.

It's just that sometimes you get so caught up in the numbers and finding the right people and the right deals. We're also just starting out, and frankly, we can't afford, and I cant imagine putting down a million shillings for a wedding. Then there's so much pressure like from my family, I'm the last born kid and everybody expects my wedding to be the best. Friends are also an element of pressure, because each wedding tries to outdo the one before. Pressure also comes from the two of us. We want to get married, we want to be together, and that's crazy. I mean, we both agree we're tired of saying goodbye every day, and we want to live together. Ah, it just gets too much to bear at times.

Then yesterday I realized how important it is to be open and honest. Like we sat down (over the phone) and talked about it. It's also made me realize, how like Raha said people are never satisfied. I have this amazing guy, I'm planning a wedding and still I'm complaining!


XO.... T.M



No comments:

Post a Comment