Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Turning Around a Bad Morning






The cute angry guy above represents exactly how my day is going so far.

I'm not a confrontational person, so when someone gets unexplainably mad at me, or wakes up on the wrong side of bed and unleashes on me, I have a problem with that. A couple of days ago, I was driving and some bus conductor comes and starts hitting my car yelling at me to reverse so he passes. I rolled down my window and said, "Now why are you shouting at me, do you really expect me to move if you talk to me like that?!" and you know what, I switched off the car and rolled my windows back up and blasted my volume. Just call me little Miss Passive Aggressive.

This morning just took the cake, here's how it went:


Me: (walking merrily to wherever I'm going, having a good day, unbeknownst to me that's about to change)
Them: Why did you lose those keys FOUR YEARS AGO?!
Me: What I dont even remember that happening!
Them: YEAH YOU DID YOU STUPID GIRL!!!
(Well they didn't actually call me stupid, but that's what I heard/how I felt, hey, I'm a girl, sue me!)
Me: OK fine, I'm sorry
Them: WHAT ARENT I ALLOWED TO EXPRESS MY EMOTIONS?!!!
Me: Okay Fine!

Then I sulk for  a while until they realize they overreacted, break the silence and everything's fine again, if it's family I forgive, anybody else...going in the never-forgive-never-forget-mental box. Strike 1

The same thing happened literally an hour later with somebody else after I was 10 minutes late to get somewhere. TEN! You have to understand, normally when I'm going somewhere, I'm 30 minutes early, and I leave 20 minutes late, so going off on me for my 1st time ever being late?! #overreactmuch? I was just quiet and put a smile on my face but really I felt like:




I don't get it, do I have a sticker on my forehead saying, "Be rude to me for stress relief!" Do you really think you're going to get any productivity out of me after being rude to me.

I bind you evil sticker on my forehead and I declare a great day ahead!







photo credit: ~deiby via photopin cc

photo credit: The PIX-JOCKEY (no comments, only views!) via photopin cc

No comments:

Post a Comment