Friday, February 22, 2013

Shagz Roadtrip Part 1


I was sitting at home bored this morning waiting to drive my mom to the bus stop since she was traveling up country to Nyeri for the weekend to visit my family up there and to attend my niece’s wedding. (My mom’s sister’s kid’s daughter) 

On my way to pick her up, I thought, “What am I doing home all weekend, why not just go?”
And that’s exactly what I did.

We drove up to Nyeri through Murang’a and had a great time, my mom showed me the longest train bridge in the country and guys that thing looks spectacular. I didn’t get any pictures, but it’s definitely a drive I’ll make again just to see that. We finally got to Mukurweini which is home, and went to town to run some errands and pick up some lunch. (Fries for me obviously, and Ugali and Mala for mum) Driving on those roads was awesome, apart from a stretch in Murang’a where the word pothole gets a new meaning, other than that, I felt like I was in the grand-Prix! Perfect roads, thank you WuYi!

via: coastweek.com


After that we went down to Giathugu to see my grandma. Honestly, no one on earth loves me like she loves me! That woman struggled so hard to make sure my mom went to school and loved Jesus. She gave me an incredible God-fearing mom, and everything I am now is because of who she is and who she raised my mom to be. Unfortunately, the door to the trunk of the car got jammed, so we had to drive all the way back into town to get it fixed. The mechanic looked at the car and just laughed, because all he had to do was wiggle the lock and it came loose. Luckily he didn’t charge us anything…I love SHAGZ!

After that, we went up to my dad’s farm to look around and say hi and I got a chance to take a much-needed shower. Finally we went back to my family’s farm at around 7, where I promptly fell asleep watching Modern Family, (Oh KPLC how I love you and your expansion!)

xx
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment