Friday, March 15, 2013

Declarations Over Kenya

I had a post in mind to write, but after watching the news, I'm so deeply saddened. We prayed for peace, God granted us peace. We tainted it by creating war within ourselves by cutting each other down with our words and spreading propaganda left, right and center.

Heart conditions got exposed, tribalism reared it's ugly head, we lost friends and gained enemies. This time war hasn't started from the slums or the streets but from our pages and our profiles.

People have their hearts set on power and while the two bulls are fighting, the grass, that always gets hurt has decided to turn on each other, become fodder for the bulls, to enjoy their one second of life before being eaten up by greedy mouths. Tonight I've seen my school mates stirred up by politicians, from which faction I don't give a damn, turn on each other. Fight and cause chaos. It may not be my campus but it's my school. It may not be my friends, but it's my age-mates. So yes, I'm deeply saddened.

I'm a Christian, I know God reigns over everything, but what if we're pushing Him away? What if our hearts as individuals or collectively as a nation are so stubborn so held to our ways that it's not enough anymore?

These are the thoughts in my natural human mind. Thankfully though, I've been called into a purpose far greater and more supernatural than my human mind can comprehend. Does God reign over this chaos? Does God reign over stubborn hearts? Does God reign over our justice system? Is God superior to the evil hearts stirring up hatred? Is God stronger and more able than the war-mongers?

YES TO ALL!

So tonight, though my heart is broken, my mind is swirling with fear and thoughts of doom, I will look at my spirit and say "spirit, do not be dismayed, my hope is in the Lord". I will look at my soul and say "soul, get up and dance like Christ is on the throne." I will look at this situation and give absolutely no glory to the devil nor acknowledge the work that he's doing, I will give glory to God who has overcome and who has made my beautiful home Kenya, His dwelling place.

Genesis 18:23 (NET) Abraham approached and said, “Will you sweep away the godly along with the wicked? 24 What if there are fifty godly people in the city? Will you really wipe it out and not spare the place for the sake of the fifty godly people who are in it? 25 Far be it from you to do such a thing – to kill the godly with the wicked, treating the godly and the wicked alike! Far be it from you! Will not the judge of the whole earth do what is right?" 26 So the LORD replied, “If I find in the city of Sodom fifty godly people, I will spare the whole place for their sake.” 27 Then Abraham asked, “Since I have undertaken to speak to the Lord (although I am but dust and ashes), 28 what if there are five less than the fifty godly people? Will you destroy the whole city because five are lacking?” He replied, “I will not destroy it if I find forty-five there.” 29 Abraham spoke to him again, “What if forty are found there?” He replied, “I will not do it for the sake of the forty.” 30 Then Abraham said, “May the Lord not be angry so that I may speak! What if thirty are found there?” He replied, “I will not do it if I find thirty there.” 31 Abraham said, “Since I have undertaken to speak to the Lord, what if only twenty are found there?” He replied, “I will not destroy it for the sake of the twenty.” 32 Finally Abraham said, “May the Lord not be angry so that I may speak just once more. What if ten are found there?” He replied, “I will not destroy it for the sake of the ten.”

In the Kingdom, the math is different. As long as there's the smallest number of us earnestly praying and seeking God for favor for our country, there's legal precedent for Him to save us.

Yes, I'm saddened but I'm not hopeless. My hope is fully in the Lord. I know He has great things in store for me (and you) which are based on the success of this country.

I wanna end this with one of Bethel's offering readings I've posted on my sidebar. I want to make some declarations right now. (I've edited this for Kenya)

DECLARATIONS OVER KENYA

"Thank you Lord that You are the hope of KENYA and You will build Your church around the world.
We call to KENYA in the North, the South, the East and the West and we declare:
JESUS IS LORD! No weapon formed against KENYA will stand!
We release angelic activity with power, signs and wonders.
We cast down injustices, evil mindsets, corruption, poverty, disease and hopelessness.
We speak grace, peace, breakthrough and healing over THIS land.
We call for justice and reconciliation.
We ask that government leaders will have:
- Holy Spirit inspired, supernatural encounters and dreams.
- Wisdom, discernment, knowledge to make righteous governmental decisions.
We ask that church leaders and believers will have:
- Extreme hunger for God, new revelations, thoughts and ideas.
- Righteous decisions.
- Courage, wisdom, discernment, and knowledge of how to lead Your people. - Unity among the young and old.
- Demonic assignments broken and lives mended.
- Divine protection and favor.
- Abundance and provision.
- New leaders being raised up to carry revival fire.
- Extreme hunger for God, new revelations, thoughts and ideas.
Encourage and bless KENYA and Your people with peace and display Your extravagant favor and love to them.
We call for revival fire to come!"
xx
Jo



No comments:

Post a Comment