Thursday, November 1, 2012

Joanne the Songwriter


Ya’ll already know I write.

Brief history, back in school (Primary/High School) I used to write amazing pretty great compositions. I like to think I’m a little bit creative. (Speaking of creative, I had this dream last night about a scene I’d created for Modern Family between Mitchell and Cam, and it was so funny, I woke up in the middle if the night LAUGHING! I drifted back off to sleep thinking, God I hope I remember this in the morning that was too good not to share. Sadly, I don’t remember it. Still, I woke up laughing in the middle of the night. That was awesome!)

Anyway, so I wrote stories and compositions in school. In College, I wrote poems and Spoken Word type of things… I had a bunch on Facebook and my old computer but lost them when it had problems. I still wrote though. Then I was in this “kind-of” dating thing with a guy from my youth group and he knew I wrote, so one time he wrote this little poem for me. Irrelevant, but that’s one of the sweetest things any guy ever did for me, so I thought I’d mention it.



Then I totally fell off the God wagon and fell deep into this other relationship and. Needless to say, this guy wasn’t exactly from my church youth-group. I lost myself. Seriously, the whole time I was in that relationship, I lost my inspiration. Good thing is, I realized I wasn’t really/it wasn’t truly love, (a little too late though,) because love inspires and stirs up the music inside of you. I made a lot of mistakes back then, and ruined a great friendship, anyway...

So, my soul was quiet for a long time, as I went through what I call “The Dark Years” but finally this year, (I’m smiling as I write this) the music came back.  God totally healed me from the mess, I’D created and he put inspiration back in my life.

So, I write, Christian songs here and there as the Spirit leads. Which is a fancy way of saying, it doesn’t happen every day! At different points and different days, the way I connect with God changes. One day it’s singing, tomorrow might be reading the Bible, after that might be writing. It never looks the same for me and I’ve learnt to go with that.

Anyway, I haven’t written a song in a while, but I’ve written over 50 blog posts over the past 2 days scheduled across all my blogs for the next month! This week, I’ve been connecting through blogging J
For some reason songs come to me when I’m sitting on the corridor floor next to the stairs (pictured)

xo
Jo


No comments:

Post a Comment