Monday, October 17, 2011

Another Day, Another Shilling...Nairobi, Kenya

So, I'm doing my first link-up for Kelly's blog...hope you like it :-)

So, I woke up today to the coldest morning ever and luckily for me I don't have class on Monday...a perpetual 3 day weekend. I don't know exactly what to write, so I'll just give you some quick facts about Nairobi.


  • We have a brand new KFC which opened a couple of months ago...I say this first because someone was supposed to take me to KFC this weekend, and someone didn't HINT! :-)


Source: google.ca via Tammy on Pinterest



  • We used to have the coolest form of transportation, called matatus, like a totally pimped out, 14-seater van with the works...big screen T.V, top of the line stereo system, screens in the windows, amazing artwork....but they were scrapped and now, you'd rather just use the bus...




  • We have a pretty shot political system, but that's a whole other story...
  • We have mostly gorgeous weather...
  • The economic downturn is finally catching up to us, but that's a whole other story...
  • They're are really pretty women here...
  • It's pretty safe and calm, pretty much an ordinary city, contrary to what you see in movies...
  • Obama's grandmother lives here
  • Common language is English mixed in with Kiswahili
  • I was born here
  • People are mostly friendly, sometimes a little too friendly...
  • It's really fun to live here...

  • It's a great place to raise your kids...





  • There are like 3 Churches in each one-block radius

  • It's probably the only city in the world with a National Park 10 minutes from the Central Business District, that's our skyline in the background







  • We have amazing jewellery....and a mostly great fashion sense





  • We make great beer, had to mention that because this was my job for three months...


Source: google.com via Blake on Pinterest


Hope you liked it...


xx
Raha

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I came over from Kelly's Korner - very interesting! I love the pictures of the animals with the city in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing!! What an experience this must be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a great experience, thanks for the comments guys, can't wait to check out your blogs

    ReplyDelete