Sunday, June 26, 2011

Taking Care of a Sick Wife

O.K, so technically, I'm not a wife yet, I'm just engaged, but forget about that. This weekend I caught a pretty bad cold, luckily, Cappy was around to take care of me...it took a bit of training but he got the hang of it.

Friday:
I started feeling a sniffle coming on, and a fever too, all this while I was at work...so I called Cappy and he picked me up after work and took me home, which saved me from having to walk all the way to the bus stop and getting on a bus. He did my dishes, made me warm apple cider vinegar and honey which is my "chicken soup" because I take it whenever I'm sick and set up my favorite DVD's for me to watch in bed, and basically left me all set up before he left.

Saturday:
Early morning he was already back, did my dishes from the previous night. Lectured me on not eating dinner that he left...he's got to understand though, that when I'm sick, I can't eat! Brought a few movies for us to watch, brought a million oranges, for a vitamin C kick. I was a bore to be around, honestly...I couldn't talk because of my sore throat and I was moody, but he was a good sport and stuck around.

Sunday:
Woke up feeling so much worse, so I sent Cappy on a Pharmacy run. I thought I'd tough it out and not take any drugs but by this morning I was screaming for painkillers...that meant we both missed going to Church, but there was no way I'd have been able to make it. I feel so much better, right now I'm just in bed writing and relaxing.

Best part of the past three days, a couple of hours ago we were watching Modern Family and something really funny happened, and I laughed, and he said, he missed hearing me laugh, how cute is that...then he said I sound like a teenage boy cracking his voice...that's how it goes, taking the good with the bad.



XO.... T.M

No comments:

Post a Comment