Thursday, May 19, 2011

Let It Fade

O.K so I haven't posted in a while, and that whole long sordid story was explained over at 20th Paradigm, but today I come back with a hit. I got Jeremy Camp CD's from a friend of mine and I loved almost every single song. Jeremy's been inspirational to me, as I said before, because of his personal experiences and despite all that he went through still trying to seek God and his purpose in the midst of that. His songs reflect growth and the power that God has to transform people through circumstances.

Now I've failed a lot when it comes to that last bit. My life is marked with rebellion and obviously, I'm scared of going back to that, especially now that I've experienced all that God's freely given to me. Despite this, what I did has left some scars, emotionally, physically...and I still have the same thought and reaction patterns I developed at that time, only now I have to remember to add a "What Would Jesus Do?" bit to them. It's hard carrying all of that responsibility. But, I stumbled across 1 Corinthians 5. The passage talks about how the love of Christ controls us, and because of that we have the help to no longer live for ourselves. I loved...

v. 17 So then, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; what is old has passed away – look, what is new has come!


The song is from the CD Beyond Measure



The theme that runs through the song is surrender, that we don't have to hold on to stuff or try so hard, in Christ, they will be gone and you will find rest...

Let this old life crumble, let it fade
Let this new life offered be your saving grace
Let this old life crumble, let it fade, let it fade



Lyrics and Video belong to Jeremy Camp and his management. Please check out his website, for more details :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment