Monday, October 25, 2010

Opportunity

"Some we see clearly and embrace, others we let go of because they take us out of our comfort zone." Each one of us has the choice to participate in making a difference. I think its only fair that I don't put too much focus on changing myself and making my life better if I don't do the same for someone else. That's not the type of person I want to be, self-involvement is not an asset, it's a destructive liability. So I'm maybe thinking of PRAYING, yes I said praying for God to give me an opportunity to change someone's life in the course of changing my own.

I am well aware that, that prayer is dangerous on so many levels hahaha. I have this view of God that if you ask Him for a challenge He will go above and beyond and give you the messiest, grimiest (mess) to sort out lol. In my head I have a picture of volunteering at The Compassion International OFFICE answering phones or cashing cheques or something similarly nice and neat. In Gods head he might be planning a mission trip to the heart of Kibera slums where I'd have to give up all my stuff and live for 6 months and clean up Nairobi River with no safety equipment.

Anyway, I don't really know what I want to do. I don't think I can just jump into the deep end but I can start with trying harder to find a life group and maybe volunteering more at church…something along those lines, just to get out there and not wallow in my own funk.

As always, I will keep you in the know.


 

Love You,

Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment